Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L
Have a look at the sample images - at 11mm the corners aren't hot even at the medium aperture settings.

Thus the charts are in sync here.

But yeah, the chart to lens distance was ... interesting. The object magnification is identical across all tests though. Of course, the performance will differ at other magnifications (which is why it always makes sense to take multiple tests into account). However, it is also not a good idea to use a ultra-wide lens at infinity focus (-> hyperfocal distance).

Of course, there's a trick to increase the "size" of the chart - just use one of the corners as the center (increases the resolution by a factor of 4 for one corner). I did that at one stage in the past but the results weren't that different.  We are not talking about object magnifications of sub 1:10 where the situation is very different, of course.

Yes, an even illumination of the test charts cost me SOME nerves with this lens ( in fact this aspect is always messy but even more so here). Imatest doesn't like high CAs - this is more relevant than an even illumination of the chart. At 3px at 11mm, the effect is still manageable but I reckon it had a certain impact at the borders - somewhat more in the corners (even higher CAs).

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L - by soLong - 07-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L - by soLong - 07-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L - by Scythels - 07-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L - by Klaus - 07-18-2015, 02:41 AM
Next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L - by soLong - 07-18-2015, 09:16 AM