Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Well, a mirror, pentaprism and a shutter cost money, so they (Canon or whoever) would make more money by not producing them. They could get attracted by the Sony "app"-store, too and make even more money by selling apps instead overloading menus

Electronic shutters could replace the mechanical ones. I consider smaller cameras not bad per se. There might happen the moment they see customers moving over to companies with already nice mirrorless system cameras. Will they come back to CaNikon? Don't know, I only can speak for myself, but I can't see myself selling the Fuji and buying a Nikon mirrorless system with all the pioneer glitches Nikon use to deliver lately. Going from "Made in Japan" back to "Made in China" - why? Just because I like the "Nikon" name?

Of course, I'm not perfectly happy with what Fuji offers as menu - but that's the same with Nikon, too. The way I see my gear future is keeping at least one FF body and most lenses and new investments will be made for the Fuji-line. I already ordered their 100-400 - and what more do I need? Mabye a weatehr sealed body but thta's no rush.

Anyway, if I see a chunky machine like this here

[Image: Sony-a6300-mirrorless-camera.jpg]

I wouldn't be too much concerned about CaNikon running out of business. Some other manufacturer also appear to have not much of a clue how clumsy too handle this unit would be.

So many odd positions in one post. EVFs don't cost money? Extra batteries don't cost money? Apps don't "overload" ergonomics?

Chine somehow is to blame for Nikon's Japanese engineers' errors? Why keep an FF body is apparently you have no use for FF (future "investments" (i'd not call buying cameras and lenses investments, rather expenditures) only for APS-C Fuji)?

Anyway. When I bought my first DSLR, it was the Canon EOS 350D. You could not go on any forum or there would be moaning and bashing over "the grip is too small". Those same pundits now buy into the small mirrorless trinkets with arguably worse ergonomics. "The mind boggles".

Let the people who bought big and heavy FF DSLRs just to impress "friends" and internet forum buddies buy small APS-C mirrorless cameras. That is fine, they should have never bought those FF cameras anyway as there was no need.  And they do not need the battery life either.

But also just let the people who actually do have uses for OVFs or long battery life or great PD AF tracking or FF DOF flexibility buy the equipment they need, without projecting your own desires onto them.

I don't need another proof how much debating and answering your blurb is waste of time.

Quote:Well, a mirror, pentaprism and a shutter cost money, so they (Canon or whoever) would make more money by not producing them. They could get attracted by the Sony "app"-store, too and make even more money by selling apps instead overloading menus

Electronic shutters could replace the mechanical ones. I consider smaller cameras not bad per se. There might happen the moment they see customers moving over to companies with already nice mirrorless system cameras. Will they come back to CaNikon? Don't know, I only can speak for myself, but I can't see myself selling the Fuji and buying a Nikon mirrorless system with all the pioneer glitches Nikon use to deliver lately. Going from "Made in Japan" back to "Made in China" - why? Just because I like the "Nikon" name?

Of course, I'm not perfectly happy with what Fuji offers as menu - but that's the same with Nikon, too. The way I see my gear future is keeping at least one FF body and most lenses and new investments will be made for the Fuji-line. I already ordered their 100-400 - and what more do I need? Mabye a weatehr sealed body but thta's no rush.

Anyway, if I see a chunky machine like this here

[Image: Sony-a6300-mirrorless-camera.jpg]

I wouldn't be too much concerned about CaNikon running out of business. Some other manufacturer also appear to have not much of a clue how clumsy too handle this unit would be.

You should have show us this setup with the zoom lens at its 70mm setting ;-)
Does it come out?  :blink:

I just found the pic on DPReview or Photorumors and didn't like the proportions. There once were cameras from Yashica and Olympus with more buttons on the lens side, but those were bridge-cameras. If I need to hold the camera with the lens, especially a heavy one, some usage will get difficult.

Quote:The Fujinon 18-135mm is not in the ballpark of the Canon 18-135mm.

I'm sorry to say that but these days barely anything touches the quality of modern Canon lenses.

And I say that as a non-Canon user.

If Canon ever releases a serious mirrorless system I will jump ship. But as of today this ship does not exist.
If that's the conclusion of your review of the Fujinon lens, then that would be EXTREMELY disappointing based on it's price, latest design, and supposed reputation of the XF "high quality" lens lineup. I had high hopes for their system but now, not so much.
Quote:If that's the conclusion of your review of the Fujinon lens, then that would be EXTREMELY disappointing based on it's price, latest design, and supposed reputation of the XF "high quality" lens lineup. I had high hopes for their system but now, not so much.

Fuji has some brilliant stuff in their lens lineup but also some dogs. And all is expensive.

Still it is my favorite system at the moment but it's not for everybody.

Honestly I think they rushed out too much stuff in too little time. But there's hope that they can slow down now.

But never ever listen to marketeers really. XF means nothing.

It all depends on the specific lens.

And which lenses do you think are the gems ?

Quote:Fuji has some brilliant stuff in their lens lineup but also some dogs. And all is expensive.

Still it is my favorite system at the moment but it's not for everybody.

Honestly I think they rushed out too much stuff in too little time. But there's hope that they can slow down now.

But never ever listen to marketeers really. XF means nothing.

It all depends on the specific lens.
any chance of the samyang 12mm 2.0 being tested on either fuji or nex? Also the Voigtlander 15mm on the sony a7rii?

Quote:any chance of the samyang 12mm 2.0 being tested on either fuji or nex? 
Or EOS M of course? And the Nex name is orphaned. Such a weird situation.