Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample gallery Tamron 150-600mm SP
To ease the pain of waiting for the review ...

http://photozone.smugmug.com/Reviews/Tamron15060563

I have the Tamron on the D7100 and am a happy bunny! Great combination and yes I get sharp results at 600mm when stopping down to F8-11, AF is bang on, my only critcism is the onion ring specular highlights in sparkling water.

Would have liked the sports but it was the extra weight!

Looking forward to see how you found it.

BTW. I'm on the second copy, the first was decentered!

It looks very good.

Klaus, did you take these pictures without tripod?

I am not sure how pleasant is to use this lens on the field, but the results impresive.

Quote: 

I am not sure how pleasant is to use this lens on the field, but the results impresive.

I find the lens handles great, not too heavy and there's no play so it feels solid, much better than my Bigma 50-500 screwdrive (no OS) which feels clunky by comparison. The VC @600mm is a little over zealous in as much as it tries to hold on and then lets go with a slight jerk, if you are a trembler!  
Quote:I find the lens handles great, not too heavy and there's no play so it feels solid, much better than my Bigma 50-500 screwdrive (no OS) which feels clunky by comparison. The VC @600mm is a little over zealous in as much as it tries to hold on and then lets go with a slight jerk, if you are a trembler!  

Yes, the VC has some issues at 600mm (unlike the Sigma).