Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The EOS M3 arrived in da lab today ...
Yeah, Paris sucks  <_<

Big Grin

As I am looking to potentially buy one, I would be glad to hear from you why you "hate" the M3 (unless you meant Paris).

Well, just about everything about the M3 feels sub-standard (except for the lenses):

Loud and oddly behaving shutter (seems as if it is closed at times to discharge the sensor)

Coarse AF field

Comparatively slow AF

Terrible RAW buffer

Plasticy main control dial (even my girl firiend thinks it is cheap)

No built-in viewfinder

The problem is simply that it is an acceptable (entry-level) camera swimming in a sea of awesome ones.

That being said - the pricing is good though.
Thanx Klaus for the follow-up. Yes the topics you've listed are well-known to the M-community.

In any case it will be an upgrade for all M1-user unless they intend to use EF/EF-S lenses frequently. There are speed issues reported with some of them vs. EF-M lenses. The latter work just fine on M3.

As for myself, I consider it to be an acceptable and useful camera body only when the price breaks down for body and optional EVF...

PS: Nevertheless enjoy Paris! ;-)

Quote:Thanx Klaus for the follow-up. Yes the topics you've listed are well-known to the M-community.

In any case it will be an upgrade for all M1-user unless they intend to use EF/EF-S lenses frequently. There are speed issues reported with some of them vs. EF-M lenses. The latter work just fine on M3.

As for myself, I consider it to be an acceptable and useful camera body only when the price breaks down for body and optional EVF...

PS: Nevertheless enjoy Paris! ;-)

I was a bit lucky here. In Oz the 500 first buyers were eligible for a free EVF.

However, while the naked M3 is pretty compact for an APS-C camera, the advantage is gone with the EVF.

Unfortunately I am on a business trip here in Paris so I have few opportunities to visit the highlights. Oh well ....
Quote:I was a bit lucky here. In Oz the 500 first buyers were eligible for a free EVF.

However, while the naked M3 is pretty compact for an APS-C camera, the advantage is gone with the EVF.

Unfortunately I am on a business trip here in Paris so I have few opportunities to visit the highlights. Oh well ....
Any update on this project or did you drop your M3 intentionally into the Seine due to frustration... ;-)
Well, due to the recent server attacks I took this as a reminder that the PZ servers should be migrated to a different (better) provider with a more reliable service and performance. The database is already there and I am currently finalizing the tests on the primary servers before switching over. There'll be a longer outage (some hours I reckon) later this month when switching to a different DNS server.

Anyway, I am planning to release at least on M test this month with the rest to follow after my September vacation.

Thanx for the follow-up Klaus! Smile

Good luck for the server move and enjoy your holidays.

I am looking forward to an interesting report... Rolleyes