Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The EOS M3 arrived in da lab today ...
Really looking forward for your 11-22 test! Any ETA?

Quote:The touch screen interface of the M series works the same as the one found on the EOS DSLRs (650D and up, 70D). Well thought out and works pretty well, only (big) problem with it is that the screen is always touch active, so you HAVE to switch the camera off when not taking photos.

The fine spot AF lack has a little work around: when you magnify the live view the area of the scene within the AF box gets smaller.

The EF-M 22mm f2 STM has a similar build to the 11-22mm and 18-55mm. Because it does not zoom and therefore does not show a plastic inner tube when zooming, the subjective impression is of an even higher build quality.
Now finding out that the M3 does NOT have the same wel designed touch screen interface similar to the EOS 650D and up, and M/M2. As if the compact camera division had a chance to mess with it.
I loved the rotating touchscreen feature of the 650D. It led me to use that camera in many situation where I thought I'd rather use the 1D4. Wish this feature had crept up the model ladder, all the way to the 1 series (maybe as an alternate model...)

Quote:Really looking forward for your 11-22 test! Any ETA?

Sorry, no ETA. It'll take a while.

During the last week at had to work on the mobile presentation of PZ rather than reviews which delayed work on the real thing.

Google is going to take the mobile capabilities into account for the search rank so I had to do at least a little bit.

It's not there yet but the mobile score went up from disastrous to acceptable now.
Quote:Somewhat surprising - the EF-M 11-22mm is a retractable zoom lens.
Klaus I am surprised, you didn't know about the special design? ;-)

I like this lens a lot; it is much better than my late EF-S 10-22mm, because the edges are much sharper.

It will be interesting to see some actual measurements...
Quote:Klaus I am surprised, you didn't know about the special design? ;-)

I like this lens a lot; it is much better than my late EF-S 10-22mm, because the edges are much sharper.

It will be interesting to see some actual measurements...

well, I don't know EVERY lens on the planet ;-) And you don't spot this right away from the product images.

The lenses are probably quite fine. My reservations are more on the camera side.
Quote:well, I don't know EVERY lens on the planet ;-) And you don't spot this right away from the product images.

The lenses are probably quite fine. My reservations are more on the camera side.
I really thought you know EVERY lens there is!!! ;-)

I agree, lenses are good but any of the M1-3 bodies is so-so.

Canon seems to be far behind competition in respect to camera bodies and its features. Another big one that remains is dynamic range of Canon sensors. I think Fuji looks quite interesting here...

Greetings,

M.
Hi Klaus,

any outlook available on the M3 review or, is it halted?

PZ does not review cameras anymore, as far as I know. The M3 is there to bring us reviews of EF-M mount lenses.

The M3 is with me in Paris at the moment ... I still hate it ...