Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Samyang 100mm f/2.8 MACRO (and a T3.1 CINE)
No doubt it will sell to some,

But I've noticed a disproportionate quantity of S/H Samyang lenses on sites eg." le bon coin" in France, the specs have attracted but once the shooter starts to deal with MF with "every shot"  it stays on the shelf  and up it goes on sale usually the reason given is MF! 

Such a real pity Samyang don't step up to the plate and go AF.

P.S. I've already seen two Otus lenses go the same way! 3,00 euros a pop!

Quote:No doubt it will sell to some,

But I've noticed a disproportionate quantity of S/H Samyang lenses on sites eg." le bon coin" in France, the specs have attracted but once the shooter starts to deal with MF with "every shot"  it stays on the shelf  and the up it goes on sale usually the reason given is MF! 

Such a real pity Samyang don't step up to the plate and go AF.

P.S. I've already seen two Otus lenses go the same way! 3,00 euros a pop!
3000 euros you mean?  Tongue

Honestly, if I had wanted to get a 100mm macro on the cheap, I'd just get the Tokina rather than the Samyang, and be done with it.
Quote:3000 euros you mean?  Tongue

Honestly, if I had wanted to get a 100mm macro on the cheap, I'd just get the Tokina rather than the Samyang, and be done with it.
No sorry I added a naught, I meant 30 euros  Tongue

Sounds like you've been watching "the angry photographers" site!  ha ha......  yep you won't go wrong there!

Just for the record the Samyang 100mm F2.8 for Pentax has an aperture ring with an "A" position for auto iris and communication of focal length to the camera body. AFAIK, most of the Pentax mount Samyangs have this feature!

100 mm f2.8 is not only a macro lens, but also a standard 100 mm tele lens and in my book, one of the best portrait lenses, my preferred portraits lens and by far.

For this I need perfect colors and fast and accurate autofocus, so this lens is a no no for me