Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to find tokina lenses spare parts
Hi all, I have tokina 24-200 lens, I use rarely since it is extremely heavy, flares a lot and suffers vignetting on 5D, however the convenient range and top build quality have convinced me to keep it.

The lens is optically as good as new (which is not impressive) however the aperture stopped working I sent it to local repair shop, he said he needs the aperture coupling device (flex cable I think)   not available on the market here, do you know where can I order this device ? found some sites selling it but I have doubts about their reliability can anyone help ? 

Check e-bay.

checked e-bay nothing do you know any source ?
I first would check at Tokina In your case Israel or Dubai. If you're not happy with the lens in general, then why repair? The way you describe it - flare, weight, vignetting - it's not appearing worth for repair.

Maybe it does not have a perfect  image quality but it is tough and sturdy and makes a good walkaround lens for snapshots while hiking, I don't think tokina sell spare parts to individuals that's why I'd prefer getting them on the grey market

Come on, "I don't think" is no NO and what does cost you a simple question by e-mail? I sometimes did need spare parts and was asking politely and making clear I will pay them. In fact, I never got a NO.

contacted Tokina Japan and Tokina UAE for the middle east and till now I didn't have any response.

A chinese manufacturer sells a flex cable that he claims is for Tokina 24-200 and Nikon 24-85 if that's the case the Nikon flex is easy to have but I doubt this is true.

Anyone can help me finding someone selling a flex  cable for the tokina 24-200 ?

Just received a response from Tokina: they don't sell any spare parts for this lens since it has been discontinued long time ago.

Anyone knows if the flex of another lens could work here even with some minor modifications ? 

Take a holiday on Thailand they are magic and can repair anything!

Well, the solution was not that hard, a friend of mine working in electronics, has made a flex cable himself, now the lens is working nicely, he is very happy using it.