Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony 28-135mm f/4 OSS - shall I test it ?
Maybe the question should have been asked in the format "of the following lenses, which do you want tested?"

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:I suspect that I shouldn't have asked in the first place. You will never say no, well mostly it seems.  Rolleyes
I hope the owner of the 28-135mm will sneak in a couple of other Sony lenses in the box for testing Smile
Actually I am either buying or commercially renting 90% of the lenses nowadays.

Quote:Actually I am either buying or commercially renting 90% of the lenses nowadays.
Why not borrowing lenses anymore?
It's mostly about time. I have none.  Sad

There're lots of people here in Sydney willing to supply lenses but pick up is preferred. Driving 3h through the city isn't a practical approach really. Thus I have to balance the extra costs of buying/renting and time required.

Don't test it Klaus!

It's pretty video specific, and I bet if you test it it will be at the expense of some other FE lens, and I think most FE users would like to see others before this one (the new Voigtl 15 on FE is a particular interest of mine but maybe that's too niche as well....)
Quote:It's mostly about time. I have none.  Sad

There're lots of people here in Sydney willing to supply lenses but pick up is preferred. Driving 3h through the city isn't a practical approach really. Thus I have to balance the extra costs of buying/renting and time required.
What no Kangaroo post?
Well, most potential suppliers live either in Sydney or Melbourne. It is understandable that at least those in Sydney mostly prefer pickup. Sydney is vast though.

Quote:Don't test it Klaus!

It's pretty video specific, and I bet if you test it it will be at the expense of some other FE lens, and I think most FE users would like to see others before this one (the new Voigtl 15 on FE is a particular interest of mine but maybe that's too niche as well....)
That's a Leica M lens, maybe Markus will test it?

Markus had said in the past that he won't, because the wideangle lens like this with long MFD (characteristic for the Leica system) can't be used to fill the image with the test chart.