Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA
Quote:I wonder how 16-35 became a standard that Canon/Nikon/Sony etc have to stick to.

As people buying these lenses probably also have a 24-70, designing smaller ranges like 16-28 should be acceptable and easier.
I would not buy the 24-70 (especially since, as every review site would reveal, the FE one is rather mediocre) - I would only get the 16-35, the 55 and the 70-200. Just as I have on the Canon (only that there I have the 2.8 versions, and their 55 is a 50 instead) - I even gave away my 24-85. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I didn't use it enough anyways. YMMV.

By the way... the review seems to miss the build quality rating... and the Highly Recommended badge.  :angry:  :blink:  Big Grin

On a side note... a month's downtimes between reviews (or small stacks thereof) seem to have become a pattern. More surprisingly, Lenstip has been silent for almost a month as well - only yesterday they got their first review since January 26th. A bad time to be a lens review junkie. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA - by Rover - 02-25-2015, 11:27 AM