Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well eat your heart out Pentaxians. Full Frame Pentax announced
Quote:Hm.. Can I join the party ? Smile It's almost 2 a,m. at my place, I am sitting at work and cannot have a bear, but hopefully tomorrow morning...  Smile Cheers.

A.
Of course welcome!  No worries I'll drink another on your behalf, your health and mine!   I take it your in Spain given we have the same hour (France).

Ah MPs speculation, yes 36 would be nice, APS has 24 already need a tickle more for FF.

IBS and bulky looking 100% OVF, looks big on the FF body means that the body is compact!
Quote:It seems our spanish friends have more info... 36Mpx, IBIS, and size almost like K-3. lovely

A.

With that mirror box it looks like a shrunken Pentax 67

[Image: 20502_1105690088.jpg]

[Image: SDIM1181_2.jpg]
Quote:With that mirror box it looks like a shrunken Pentax 67

Thanks, and indeed, mockup looks lovely. I am sure you know this video, for me it was the very  first association Smile. I am not in a big need for FF, however next year I'll be 40, so this could be a small gift from friends and family Smile)))

A.
  Morning guys,

Man those full frame hangovers.........yeah, no crop factor.....ouch....and I haven't even bought one yet....

Where were we?      Ah yes, 6X7 mirror-boxes, I see the similarity.  Always wanted a 6X7, now they're cheap as beans!

Everyones guessing at the new camera name, someone suggested the..... "Pentax F1" ..... rolls off the tongue a treat, even if it is the last off the line. :o

I guess things will be a little quieter today..
Today, as it happens with hangovers, we will be in a bad mood and will look for drawbacks Smile

What, non mirorrless? No EVF?

Too much (too little) Mpx...

Shortage of lenses, and legacy lenses are not optimized for digital high Mpx sensors...

Too bulky...

Why do we need FF at all - APS-C is good enough...

Too expensive..

Not enough focus points...

... what else?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

A>
<_< My

Quote:Today, as it happens with hangovers, we will be in a bad mood and will look for drawbacks Smile

Shortage of lenses, and legacy lenses are not optimized for digital high Mpx sensors...

Too bulky...

Too expensive..

... what else?

A>

My hangovers are philosophical and good humoured!...((( Sad)))

The mirror-less battle is for another day, today is for sitting back and bathing in the knowledge that in order to benefit from these announcements you going to have to wave goodbye to more than six grand!  Very much like the look of the D FA 150-450mm,  nice choice of FL. 

I did wonder though if the AF point spread will be the same as in the K3/645Z ie a bit center screen!

I wonder what took them so long? I mean, it's not exactly rocket science... But they'll have to roll out a comprehensive lens lineup to complement that camera. The 70-200 and 150-450 cover the tele end nicely, but what about the rest? After all, in my perception the only USP of Pentax was the trio of "limited" lenses (31, 43, 77) but as time went by these were getting outdated and good new options were appearing (say, the Sigma 35 which is available in any mount). So what will they have to entice anyone apart from diehard enthusiasts?

Quote:<div>
Today, as it happens with hangovers, we will be in a bad mood and will look for drawbacks  Smile

</div>
That sums it nicely. They'll have to act fast and decisively on this one.

Wow, it's real! I guess hell just froze over, at least partially - let's see if it really get's released by the end of the year  Big Grin

Quote:With that mirror box it looks like a shrunken Pentax 67

It definitely looks nice! Would be awesome if it had an optical viewfinder with magnification >0.7 just like on analogue SLRs (e.g. Pentax MX with 0.95 magnification). 

Quote:I wonder what took them so long? I mean, it's not exactly rocket science... But they'll have to roll out a comprehensive lens lineup to complement that camera. The 70-200 and 150-450 cover the tele end nicely, but what about the rest? After all, in my perception the only USP of Pentax was the trio of "limited" lenses (31, 43, 77) but as time went by these were getting outdated and good new options were appearing (say, the Sigma 35 which is available in any mount). So what will they have to entice anyone apart from diehard enthusiasts?

<div> 

That sums it nicely. They'll have to act fast and decisively on this one.

</div>
  Well, it is rumored that Hoya would have never alloud to make FF, so we should thank to Ricoh. Another rumor is that Pentax will reveal new roadmap on CP+, and it will include quite a few FF lenses. Yet another rumor is, that Pentax had FF (24Mpx) some time ago, but when Canon 6D and Nikon D600 were announced, they decided to wait and redo what they had.

Concerning old lenses - FA 31mm, 43mm, 50mm f1.4 and 77mm are still in production, there is DFA 100mm macro, and in Japan one can get a new FA 20 - 35mm f/4. DA*55, DA 50mm f1.8, DA 70mm Ltd,  DA*200 and DA*300 are usable on FF also (DA*55 and DFA 100mm macro were tested on Sony A7R, link is here, and look decent enough).

So, let's wait for Christmas.

A.
Quote:Today, as it happens with hangovers, we will be in a bad mood and will look for drawbacks Smile

Too bulky...

Too expensive..

... what else?

A>

Nice summary, ha ha.