Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away?
Quote:It's actually designated FA* 70-200mm F2.8 HD, same as the current D FA 50mm and 100mm Macro lenses which did not portend a 135 format camera.  So even if this rumoured lens is coming, it means nothing for bodies.  It could simply be that these digital lenses happen to cover the image circle of 135 so Pentax slaps an extra F on them out of courtesy to the film users out there.  
 Your right in as much as I missed out the D of DFA*, but I think the D in this instance is for digital as in the coatings used for the digital sensor. The DFA 50mm and 100mm macro both cover FF but were existing lenses,

I see absolutely "no" reason why Pentax would design an all new 70-200mm F2.8 that "just so happened to cover" the FF sensor, given the additional expense and design difficulties  that would make, not to mention it's great bulk from a company that prides itself on compact lenses, just to be "courteous" to film body users, it doesn't make sense, especially given their announcement of their FF body intentions albeit not stated as to the launch date.

The FF format is intentional, otherwise an  F designation would be an expensive slap! 

Messages In This Thread
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by felix - 02-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 10:07 PM