Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no sample images in Canon 24mm STM review ?
Was just checking the review (interested getting the lens) I found it was lacking sample images 

http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/889-ca...tm?start=1

Many reviews lack sample images, Tony. Alwas has been that way.

So lazy... who prefers shooting test charts to a nice walk with a lens, the lens is tiny and lightweight anyway

If skipping the sample images gets us 3 reviews in a given time frame instead of 2, I say skip 'em. Smile

Yup, that's exactly the issue. Shooting useful sample images is not a matter of one or two hours. Plus, it often happens that the weather is plain dismal during the time a lens is in the lab.

Bad sample images (or samples in bad weather, so bad light) are worse than none, IMO.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Yup, that's exactly the issue. Shooting useful sample images is not a matter of one or two hours. Plus, it often happens that the weather is plain dismal during the time a lens is in the lab.Bad sample images (or samples in bad weather, so bad light) are worse than none, IMO.

I'd agree with you on bad images, Marcus, but bad weather shouldn't stop one from shooting good images Smile .... Wink

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
In general, I agree, Wim, however when it comes to sample images, spending a day under overcast sky only to return home with a selection of dull and low-contrast images doesn't do a lens' capabilities any justice.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Well members here can contribute to sample images, do a list of lenses for which you need sample images and myself and I am surge many others are ready to provide you with RAW samples.

I can see you don't have,  do you want sample images with Canon 10-18 on 750D or 7D mkii ?

Well then, I can contribute some samples towards the review of this:

http://opticallimits.com/canon-eos/185-c...rt--review

Big Grin

And I can fake the sample images of all other lenses with my EXIF editor.