Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no sample images in Canon 24mm STM review ?
Well, that's a lot of trust put into Canon's quality control. But 2010 the sensors had only a fragment of today's MP. Stupid me. 21.1 MP is not that kind of fragment  :unsure: Anyway, the lens itself has not been that outstanding?

I mean, as much as I like PZ tests, let's not forget, it's always only one lens and strictly spoken, the resolution could be at the lower or upper range. I don't know if such a difference would cost more than  Â½ ☆, but either way.

Quote:I was proposing because it did happen before, for Canon 70-300 full frame review, sample images were kindly provided by Jerry Kooyman. You can check the review and verify yourselves.
http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff/558...ff?start=1
I was referring to the Tokina 10-17 review which has the same premise.

And let's not forget the old Contax N gear where both the lenses and the sample images were provided by Markus before he joined PZ. Smile (actually, for the longest time I wanted to ask Markus how he had come to own these rare beasts, and what happened to them afterwards when he switched to Nikon  Wink).

Quote:(actually, for the longest time I wanted to ask Markus how he had come to own these rare beasts, and what happened to them afterwards when he switched to Nikon  Wink).
I don't remember exactly how and where I first heard about these lenses, but I guess it helped that I was a terrible gearhead early on and followed any photography site or forum I could find Wink Otherwise I probably wouldn't have learned about conurus and his N-to-EF conversions (nor Hartblei and their Super-Rotator lenses)

I actually bought used Contax N lenses and sent them to Canada to have them converted by conurus. Was quite a lesson in German customs bureaucracy, btw Wink

When I switched to Nikon, I sold all my Canon gear on eBay, including the conurus lenses, with one exception: I still have a converted Contax 24-85 sitting on a shelf board, that turned out to be heavily decentered.

Sometimes, this lens gets to see some light: if you browse my FB profile, there's an album of b/w-shots I took at an oldtimer garage a few years ago. They were shot on film with an old EOS 620 and that conurus lens.
Editor
opticallimits.com