The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to clean the mirror on Canon EOS 5D M2?
I'm not a techie, but have wondered about an issue.  I've seen a little smudge on the mirror of one of my cameras.  I'm not sure how AF works, but doesn't light go through tiny spots where the mirror is not  mirrored?  Everyone seems to be terrified to clean mirrors because it seems possible to clean the mirror off of the glass?  I've cleaned sensors before.  That's child's play.  But mirrors?

So I briefly looked online, and basically people could not even agree what the mirror is mirrored with.  Silver?  Aluminum?  Other?

For cleaning the sensor I used specially made lint free swabs and quick to evaporate methanol.  I highly recommend cleaning you sensor (following the right procedures, and if it is dirty.  You can test for that).

Here's the thing.  If the guy at the canon shop can clean the mirror, why can't I?  I just need to know the procedure and materials.  Surely, somebody must know?!

Messages In This Thread
Is it possible to clean the mirror on Canon EOS 5D M2? - by Arthur Macmillan - 10-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Is it possible to clean the mirror on Canon EOS 5D M2? - by davidmanze - 10-21-2017, 06:41 AM
Is it possible to clean the mirror on Canon EOS 5D M2? - by davidmanze - 10-22-2017, 08:33 AM