Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions EF 24-70 f4 L
....oops sorry Tom, I haven't been looking in at PZ for some time, so missed your post here. Anyway, I have this lens, which was unfortunately also the one tested here with the focus shift problem :-(  

.....Seems there might have been an alignment or maybe out-of-factory mistake on my lens. Some time after the lens test here I was at Canon to have the 400 aligned to my camera, and in talking about my 24-70 f4L they said, "No worries we'll fix it," and they did. So there is no focus-shift autofocus problem with my lens now + I haven't had a problem manually focusing macro.

Hmmm,  :wub: (this is the only red face emoticon I could find) - It may mean nothing to others, but for me: I like this lens. It's sharp and clean throughout its range. I like having the macro feature. Everything good for me.

Now unfortunately you can't go into Canon here (Auspost is the go, although there is always the phone I suppose)....So I may never have talked to the reps and I might still be a miserable SOB. So goes my good fortune....

And now I have an almost complete range of lenses (only a little light, low cost 17-50f2.8 to go....I'll check it at the shop soon, and in any case there are famous alternatives available), so I'm going missing from this site again....to make everyone happy....:-)

....Lastly, I notice you talk of 'high end'....Well I'm sure that you should like this lens.....but....I actually just bought a 100D (formally had 7d & 70D) and dare I say that the pictures I'm seeing out of my new camera are as good as anything I've seen regarding doing post editing with them. The stm I also bought is cheap light and super nice. I suppose it is all plastic and might not take the knocks and last so long, but at the prices I paid, I can buy almost 3-4X100D's and 5X55-250's for the price of my previous gear, and the speed that gear changes this might be a good thing.

Messages In This Thread
Opinions EF 24-70 f4 L - by Guest - 09-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Opinions EF 24-70 f4 L - by soLong - 10-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Opinions EF 24-70 f4 L - by Brightcolours - 10-06-2014, 09:38 AM