Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Quote:Thanks Klaus, much appreciated.

I gather the new version is an internal focus lens (i.e. does not extend when focusing as the old version)? I wonder whether that has an impact on the bokeh characteristics as shown in your review - although from my experience the old version is probably very similar

Also this new version seems to come with a new lens hood (ET-63) in the good Canon tradition. Not sure if the old one ET-60 is compatible (it seems not?)
Like you say, the old lens did not have great bokeh. So it does not seem likely that the IF is to blame. And of course, other lenses with IF can show great bokeh. Like my 70-200mm f4 L USM.  Which shows that IF and the so-so bokeh from this 55-250mm STM is unrelaed to being an IF lens...

About the hood, in the review it says it is included. But it actually is optional. Also, these are the twist on types, but the review (other reviewe too, like the old 55-250mm IS one) calls them snap on.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM - by Brightcolours - 08-07-2014, 08:10 AM