Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are the first ones to see the new site name here ...
We are using Cloudflare as CDN and they are actually offering https for all conntected websites out of the box.

You can even try https://forum.opticallimits.com but it's not pretty at the moment.

Broken: forum.photozone.de.
Why does it matter? Because when I want to go to photozone.de, my browser offers forum.photozone.de right away (the most used URL).
I can get there via photozone.de, and then the forum button. However, once in a forum, you can't get back to the main forum page because the forum button then links to the broken forum.photozone.de one.
Also: gallery images are gone, but the space is still there, showing only can't find the image icons.
I handle it that way: Typing "f" usually brought automatically "forum.photozone.de..." I delete that link in the browser address window and type "forum.op..." and the rest is autocompletion. Depending how often you log in, the new one becomes a favourite.

It's not broken, it's just a browser sticking to beaten tracks  Big Grin

And the images will come later, I'm afraid. I was never a fan of the little bit weird and outdated galleries. But these are little itches compared to the usability in an iOS or Android device  :unsure:

Well I guess it is time you start using hte new domain which is forum.opticallimits.com....

Actually I just had to activate forum.photozone.de again because that nightmarish forum engine has store all the user profile pictures in some odd photozone.de caching folder.

I don't understand why these developers have used the domain EVERYWHERE. I did already spend days on this simple domain switch.

Quote:Actually I just had to activate forum.photozone.de again because that nightmarish forum engine has store all the user profile pictures in some odd photozone.de caching folder.

I don't understand why these developers have used the domain EVERYWHERE. I did already spend days on this simple domain switch.

Please contact me backchannel, Klaus. I have carried out many domain changes for this forum engine, no problems at all.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Now the website informs me that I have "javascript disabled". Sure, website.
Perhaps you enable javascript by domains and didn't enable the new domain ? I know I do but perhaps you don't ?

Nothing has changed in Chrome (for me at least).

I never disable javascipt, now it seems to be ok again. Didn't make screenshots from the issue.