Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C
Interesting opinions of folks who haven't tried the lens - or know it just out of dozens other "tests"  Rolleyes

A couple of weeks ago I took it for a first walk, I had also two Merills with me (those with the more nervous bokeh  ^_^ ). It's sometimes hard to tell, which was D800 and 50/1.4 Art and which is the DP3 with another 50/2.8 Sigma.

But I think, it was obvious to Sigma: If they want to make their cameras look good, they need super lenses, so why not testing them with their own sensor? And testing every lens 100% instead only a few of a batch? Fortunately, the 50/1.4 Art benefits of fast AF and most of the time accurate. The pictures which are not, are unclear if it's the lens, the AF system or the photographer or all three in combination. Nikon D800 /E are not famous for always spot on AF. So I will start to look for lens probs as soon as I get a more reliable AF system.

[Image: _DSC3344-M.jpg]

Just like to say, it's already a crop. Crop in large size

What I've seen from the Nikon 58/1.4 is super bokeh and lousy sharpness wide open for this kind of price tag.

And besides, you can adjust it at 4 (not 3) different distances.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C - by JJ_SO - 06-19-2014, 09:52 PM