Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C
Me too. And I see my Sigma Art lenses not as worse than the Nikkors. Nor do I see a lot of sample variation, when lensrentals is testing a batch of lenses.

Maybe you're talking about Sigma lenses in general, including all series before they shifted into this Art / Contemporary / Sports categories.

I'd like also to remind the difference on price tags. Don't know how, but Sigma was not expected to be that good on those low prices and I think we should demand at first the high optical quality from the genuine manufacturers and the possibility of fine tuning a lot more than with conventional lenses, as there's always a difference between AF modules from body to body. Best would be to get HR mirrorless with competing AF, but until that becomes reality I do prefer the Sigma concept and quality.

And even afterwards. Why pay for a 35/1.4 nearly double the price? And get lower sharpness wide open? I hope I overcome the impulse of defending Sigma soon, as everybody can believe whatever he wants. My experience with those lenses is overwhelmingly positive. If others still think Sigma remains as low cost, low quality manufacturer, fine.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C - by JJ_SO - 06-20-2014, 08:57 AM