Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C
The 24-105, as I know mine, was not off. But is showing itself as 105/2.8 to my D800, after attaching both lenses. Having both lenses, I'm in a sort of dilemma as both need different AFMA. Deleting the 105 from the AFMA register, the Sigma shows up as 24-105/4. Re-attaching the 105 again and the 25-105 is gone again and both lenses use the same name. That's the only Sigma behaving this way, all others are shown correctly. As an answer to Studor13’s question, the 50/1.4 is showing itself correctly, but I don't know what would happen with two 50/1.4s? Only thing is, I can't imagine a reason for having two

So far, Sigma is not offering a firmware update to fix this and worse, Sigma Germany wasn't even reacting. Sigma Japan doesn't show a contact address. I've no idea, if Sigma Japan is aware of this case.

The dock's nice although the way the adjustments can be done is not the most elegant. But once it's done, the lens is rewarding the owner with pretty good results. Other lenses will also have some kind of adjustment possibilities but not to the owner. And I'm not fully convinced, the owner always knows better than the service centre how to adjust... I don't fully understand why on different.distances different adjustments are necessary, but I can see they are. I'd love to have a perfect lens out of the box, but even car seats need to be adjusted...

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C - by JJ_SO - 06-20-2014, 10:07 AM