Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C
Quote:My Sigma 50-500mm and the Sigma 105 Macro do not differentiate themselves as regard to AF adjustment, I'm not sure as to whether it's Sigma or Pentax K5 (my DSLR) which is the problem, I just write it down on a piece of card and do my best to remember to change the settings manually when changing lenses.

I think it's all down to incomplete lens identity, I don't think OEMs want to make it easy for third party lens manufactures to be able to give the whole package.

I don't recall on the K-m and K-x I had before if there was any AFMA possible, but the K-5 clearly is upper class Pentax. Are the Pentax lenses recognised differently? Anyway, I had some time consuming support queries with the bodies and a Tamron 17-50/2.8 and am happy to got rid of all that. On the Nikon side, however, there's AFMA from D7000 and higher and I guess, up to 20 lenses are supported.

Popo, now you got me interested in FoCal. I should've checked before buying focus tune and the LensAlign target as Focal appears to be a bit more comfortable. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C - by JJ_SO - 06-20-2014, 02:16 PM