Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C
No permission needed, I was quoting lensrentals and I'd be more than happy to replace the picture with the link. I just thought it would be more convenient for us readers.

i don't want to make you work.

To me the post was disappeared = deleted. Didn't know there's a possibility to hide. Therfore my harsh comment. With your permission, I'll edit that post.

I was checking lensrentals copyright rules before and didn't find anything which was forbidding copying. As far as I know American copyright is different from German: In Germany every picture is protected although a data sheet is nothing of creativity, so even the German right makes an exception which is bound to "Schöpfungshöhe". If there's no creative work aspect in a picture, sculpture or a building, it will be difficult to claim protection by law - but if in doubt, it's better not to copy.

In America, a creator of a picture needs to mention he or she doesn't want it to be copied - therefore the copyright remark, which is not necessary in Germany.

I respect your being against copyright violation, but I didn't see one in this case.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C - by JJ_SO - 06-21-2014, 10:47 AM