Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C
Were the Sigma 35 from one batch? How come you can test 5 copies?

Together with - at least sounding like - very professional instruments?

Are this test results your work? If not, whose? And why not naming the source?

Which 23/1.4 you're referring to? I'm sorry if I appear a bit sceptical, you're talking a lot about Canon and I just have no insight into their designs - nor am I professionally able to judge lens designs.

"They also have tighter tolerances, at least canon's lenses are better engineered from a physical standpoint, and as well engineered optically." How come you know about different tolerances? That's no public knowledge, as fas as I know. Sorry, unless you're no engineer from Canon or Sigma or Nikon I doubt this sentence as it is.

"Canon can do a 50mm distagon as well as sigma." Well, who's telling them not to do so?  ^_^ Especially if it's so easy asking for higher profit margins? I understand your explanation and agree with it - and given the problems lensrentals experienced with those 50/1.4 and connecting them to the dock, I guess some Canon users would be happy to get an excellent pendant like the 50/1.4 Art from Canon.

Don't get me wrong, my favoring of Sigma is not meant to say Canikon is rubbish and Sigma rules. I'm just saying Canikon would look a lot better if they were trading always evenly with Sigma - and with the exception of 24-105 (which is still less expensive and at least in wide range better than Nikon) they are not only 5-20% away with their prices.

I also never said Sigma is eating Canikon's cake - this is not my concern. My concern is to get the best glass with AF for a very great sensor - and if that's possible at reasonable price, why should I pay more for less or just "not much worse"?

Canon has no Sensor to put against and I can't adapt their fantastic lenses to my Nikon bodies.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A on APS-C - by JJ_SO - 06-21-2014, 10:11 PM