Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlight tone priority and DPP vs. LR
I know this is technical talk...but hear me out...just go to 500px.com search and type "7D" or even "60D".

And wait to be enthralled by what you see.

Its not about DR or the lack of it. 

I was shooting a Panasonic LX3 for 3 years. And that's the best from me yet. Reason: A camera in my pocket all the time.

Does that beat DR as a feature?

I am sure it does.

Smile

DR is not a feature. Each sensor has a dynamic range, some a smaller than others  Wink

And comparing the DR values against portability and "always with me" attributes is a bit like comparing wide-angle to telephoto. Although I fully agree, a camera at my hand is better than one with a huuuuuuge DR resting at home because it's a challenge to carry the whole stuff.

I really enjoyed this discussion of today and put a small collection of pictures to my gallery with and without adjustments. It's not about "learn how to set up your camera, dude" - just suppose, I'm not always capable to set up the bloody thing properly. If you are, great, I bow my head to such a master. If I have all the time and concentration, I happen to adjust most of the buttons, switches and damn menu parameters. But less is more. And I can get good shots with a simpler camera, like the "buggy"-called Sigma Merills, which impresses me by it's quality and a lot absent buttons, very short menus and crappy slow software. Unbelievably this thing manages to output pictures  ^_^