The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color and contrast behaviour of lenses
Hi,

I just try out some lenses on my new NEX a6000 but I'm not very happy with the results. For me small size with good IQ is important, yes, I like Pixel peeping. It makes it a little bit easier that I prefer the boring focal length around 50 mm (=> 30 mm).

Now my question: Why don't I find comments to color or contrast behaviour of lenses? I was very astonished when I compared a Sigma 30/2.8 with a Tamron 17-50/2.8 on the NEX. Until that day I liked the Sigma, but when I saw the much better contrast of the Tamron that changed. Unfortunately the Tamron is too big for me to carry around. Now in my eyes the Sigma looks really fade. 

I tried with RAW files, is it that the jpgs of the reviews are pushed up internally a little bit? Or is it a very individual point, difficult to give a rating?

Last question: is it a General Problem of small cheap glasses that they have poor contrast?

Regards,

Norbert

Messages In This Thread
Color and contrast behaviour of lenses - by Guest - 05-23-2014, 05:36 AM
Color and contrast behaviour of lenses - by dada - 05-23-2014, 06:53 AM
Color and contrast behaviour of lenses - by popo - 05-23-2014, 07:37 AM