Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS
Quote:Do you still have the lens at hand? Can you please measure the tripod mount weigh? Thanks.
I just now found some figures. The Lens itself (without caps) weighs 840 grams. The lens with tripod mount apparently weighs 940 grams, the lens with tripod mount and caps and lenshood apparently weighs 1 kilo and 50 grams.

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=sl...e=1&no=406
Quote:I just now found some figures. The Lens itself (without caps) weighs 840 grams. The lens with tripod mount apparently weighs 940 grams, the lens with tripod mount and caps and lenshood apparently weighs 1 kilo and 50 grams.

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=sl...e=1&no=406

Thanks. This is quite annoying...
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
As least you feel the substance of it.

Quote:As least you feel the substance of it.
Especially when you add that battery grip for extra stability/vibration absorption  ^_^
Oh, wowsers. Somehow I got to read this review while it was still May 22nd in my timezone, so it wasn't showing as new. Smile

Thanks for the review.

The lens looks nice but I think Sony should have made it with the a-mount. 

For A7R, AF with the la-ae4 adapter is much better than the built-in sensor.
Quote:Especially when you add that battery grip for extra stability/vibration absorption  ^_^

In fact I did - it made no difference.
Quote:Thanks for the review.

The lens looks nice but I think Sony should have made it with the a-mount. 

For A7R, AF with the la-ae4 adapter is much better than the built-in sensor.
For now you can pick a used (Minolta) AF 70-210 f/4; despite the obvious CA, the quality is still there.
This lens should be tested with A6000 which has fastest AF tracking  compared to any other E-mount camera

The lens will be tested on the NEX7. I doubt that many people come here just to read our thoughts on AF performance.