Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM | A
Thanks for the review! Regarding the MTF Rating Scale, it seems you guys are using the 5D II scale on a crop lens review. Minor detail, we can all see the lens is quite good from f/1.8.

Any comments on the autofocus (especially at wider apertures)? Mine frontfocuses quite severely and I'm not the only one. The dock does help alot, although it doesn't alleviate it completely.

A nice lens, albeit I can't really warm up to how it renders (cannon, colourful animal thing)? If it rendered nicer, I'd indeed see it as a 3 primes in one zoom. The weight is also a bit eye watering.  Still, a nice achievement from its designer.

Quote:Thanks for the review! Regarding the MTF Rating Scale, it seems you guys are using the 5D II scale on a crop lens review. Minor detail, we can all see the lens is quite good from f/1.8.

Any comments on the autofocus (especially at wider apertures)? Mine frontfocuses quite severely and I'm not the only one. The dock does help alot, although it doesn't alleviate it completely.

Upps (corrected).

The focus seems alright on my sample I'd say.
The Sigma 18-35/1.8 test isn't mentioned in the home page under Photozone updates.
What a pity Photozone isn't testing this unique lens ;-)
Finally a testreport on this absolut toplens of 2013 on Photozone, happy to finally see a review on a trustworthy reviewsite.

I have one since december (although on a  Nikon D7100 ) and use it as my standard zoomlens.

I hate switching lenses so i wanted one lens.

Offcourse it is heavier compared to a Sigma 17-50 for instance that is the main disadvantage of this lens.

But I dont agree on the zoomrange 18-35  being to limited.

I can absolutely understand it feels to short  when shooting.

But because this lens is so sharp and resolving so much detail from the sensor I can easilly zoom in my pictures a few times and still have better performance compared to a 17-50 mm zoomlens or a prime 50 mm lens. 

So in the end I still end up with better pictures.

Also my copy nails focus just as good as a expensive Nikon or Canon lens I owned before, always spot on.

Except in real dark situations a top Canon/Nikon lens focusses  a little steadier/faster on the same F value.
Still not on the main page. Am I doing something wrong?

You did nothing wrong. I just forgot it.  :ph34r:

It's there now.