Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ?
Lightroom is the best thing since sliced bread. It took me a very long time to get on top of it but now I don't use programs such as Capture NX and Aperture.

I still use Photoshop from time to time but the two products are very different, and directly comparing one to the other is the wrong approach.

Sure, you can do most of the editing in ACR but it's designed so that you then have to work further on it in PS. With LR you have far more options especially if you've just done a shoot where your have several hundreds or even thousands of shots to sort through. You can quickly cull say 90%, and use the same settings, sync them and put them all in a collection or even several of collections. You just can't do this in PS.

And remember, it's only a small amount more than what you've already paid for PS.

As I said, LR and PS go hand in hand. One doesn't replace the other.

Stick with it for a couple of years and you'll see what I mean. Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by Studor13 - 04-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by alban - 04-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by Sylvain - 04-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by Mahadragon - 06-07-2014, 09:15 PM