Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new battle of the pro standard zooms!
Indeed, the two 16-35mm lenses, the 24-70mm f2.8 and the 70-200mm f2.8 II are very good zoom lenses. But the new Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 E is now even better than the Canon counter part, and the Tamron 24-70mm offers IS. There is always something to complain about  B)

Quote:Indeed, the two 16-35mm lenses, the 24-70mm f2.8 and the 70-200mm f2.8 II are very good zoom lenses. But the new Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 E is now even better than the Canon counter part, and the Tamron 24-70mm offers IS. There is always something to complain about  B)

Mixed opinions on the 70-200mm lenses, the Canon still holds up best at the long end, but maybe the VC/VR is the trump card here!

Speaking of Canon temptations..... a white Canon EF 300mm f/4 USM L IS came up on the bon coin for 300 euros.....a bargain!...I almost got sucked in, needless to say the seller was bombarded with calls, it would have been worth buying a Canon body at that point.

Whoa, that indeed is quite the bargain! I'd jump on that lens too.

Ditto, if nothing else it could've been resold for twice that amount down the road. It's either a case of criminal stupidity on the seller's part, or there's something fishy about the lens (stolen / broken / waterlogged etc.)

Well the final result of the shoot is rounded up by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPxYCvte54c

The Tamron pips it overall....if I were looking for a 24-70mm F2.8 the Tamron G2 would be it!

...........grey market (eglobal)  €1,000 

........... official market (FNAC) €1,400