Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 R announced
Guess their marketing department works well: they recognize that going from a 3 number price to a 4 number price is a psychological barrier and price (or design) their lenses accordingly. I fear they will probably have to break this trend with their upcoming f2.8 pro zooms, but there is still some a $300 space they can occupy over the 18-55 and 55-200.

You know, with the pricing, quality and the made in Japan stamp, I'm wondering if Sigma has anything to do with these Fuji lenses (or the other way around). After all, Fuji came out with its XF mount at around the same time Sigma changed its design mentality (and marketing, of course, but we can't deny there was a significant increase in lens quality at the same time).

Sigma is in a different position. They are the biggest lens manufacturer in the world. They have the volume to provide a better quality at a lower price point.

Fuji is a low volume player and in an uphill battle they have to provide lenses at competitive prices.

That is not an excuse - certainly not for a lens like the 23mm f/1.4.

You know, this wouldn't be so bad if there were decent retailers here in Australia. A decent retailer just would replace the lens with a new one. However, the local philosophy seems to be fire & forget. Thus, unless there's a miracle, I can send it for servicing to Fuji (again) and wait another 6 weeks.

I am so sick of all this.

Man, that sucks. It made me worry about my own lenses, so I went to check the 18-55, the 35 and 60 and it appears I have been quite lucky thus far.

A quick technical question for your quick decentering test: does focus peaking help or hinder the test? It seems to me as if it helps to make out which lines become sharper first when slowly focusing, but I want to make sure.

Very sad Sad Would you say 5% 10% 50% less resolution ?

Quote:Yes, the left side is visibly softer ...

Let's see how the dealer reacts on this (but I know the answer already).
Quote:Some first impressions:

http://www.laroquephoto.com/blog/2014/1/...-56mm-f12r

It looks as the author withdrew the post.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Quote:Very sad Sad Would you say 5% 10% 50% less resolution ?

The right side is very sharp at f/1.4, the left side is extremely blurry. Make the left side 20% of the resolution of the right side.
Ouch.  Fuji is having problems with even their non-IS lenses Sad

Quote:The right side is very sharp at f/1.4, the left side is extremely blurry. Make the left side 20% of the resolution of the right side.

Slrgear publishes results from de-centered lenses. They typically comment and from their animations it is easy to see.
enjoy
Quote:It looks as the author withdrew the post.

put "http://google.com/search?q=cache:" (without the quotes) in front of the initial URL :-)
Quote:put "http://google.com/search?q=cache:" (without the quotes) in front of the initial URL :-)

Yes I did :-) but I was curious on why he did it.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.