Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preview: Zeiss E 35mm f/2.8
Yes but I picked up a load of lenses in the great Konica Minolta closedown sell off. Also as I  am running both A and E mount cameras at the moment,I can always pick up a Sigma 35 / 1.4 ( if it wasn't so big and heavy Smile ) for a $150 less.

Quote:Ah, the 70-300G is almost as good as the 70-300L - and the latter is substantially more expensive.
....not the G that i had, which was "within specs".... by light years, um, or soft dark years maybe
Yea in printers that works cause you have to buy inks. Since Sony hasn't really broken into the professional markets (like canon/nikon) does this model work well with cameras ? Btw does sony talk about the profitability (or lack of) of their camera divison(s) ?

-

I never seen a company produce so many different models; it is almost as if they are competing with themselves (as well as everyone else). To be honest right now I think Fuji has hit the sweet spot (esp if they can improve QC).

Quote:I am pretty much convinced that Sony is playing the printer approach.

Cheap kits ... and then you pay hard.
The 55mm 1.8 is also very expensive. But it seems to be very good.
Quote:Yea in printers that works cause you have to buy inks. Since Sony hasn't really broken into the professional markets (like canon/nikon) does this model work well with cameras ? Btw does sony talk about the profitability (or lack of) of their camera divison(s) ?

-

I never seen a company produce so many different models; it is almost as if they are competing with themselves (as well as everyone else). To be honest right now I think Fuji has hit the sweet spot (esp if they can improve QC).

Sony's imaging division also includes their sensor business which is rather vast.
Perhaps that explains things. Kind of like funny accounting; because the semi-conductor portion of the business brings in $$$ the other side can throw $$ down the drain and no one notices. However, if you are in a division with less extra $$$ to piggy back and even if you are ultra efficient you might get the axe due to your division performance.

-

Sorry I guess that is off topic. Don't get me wrong I like some of the ideas that Sony has presented (even if it takes a few iterations to get the execution correct) but they seem rather inefficient at arriving to an end point. Much more so than companies like olympus and fuji  (at least the aspect that us side line consumers see) which are struggling (note I am only talking about the camera/imaging aspect of the companies and yes olympus imaging does piggy back off of the medical side and yes it did take olympus a while to arrive at micro-4/3 and I suspect it was really panasonic that got hte ball rolling there).

Quote:Sony's imaging division also includes their sensor business which is rather vast.
Just a quick 'n dirty question. Suppose one has got a NEX or another APS-C Sony camera and wants a tack-sharp normal. So far I've thought of the Touit 1.8/32; but what about using the Sonnar FE 2.8 ZA? Sure, you loose 1.3 stops of max aperture; but you also save 40% weight and I suppose that using only the central part of a lens designed for FF should give a great uniformity in sharpness across the frame...  Is it a crazy idea?

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
All full format lenses will be tested on APS-C as well.

Technically you should get superior border quality with a full format lens. The overall sharpness may be a tad lower though.

Quote:All full format lenses will be tested on APS-C as well.
Great to know.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
when will this len`s review post? I been waiting for a month