Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preview: Zeiss E 35mm f/2.8
Hopefully next week but I can't guarantee this by 100%.

Honestly I did the MTF test about a month ago but the source images were all messed up due to shutter vibration effects.

Other than that it is a very good lens.

Quote:Hopefully next week but I can't guarantee this by 100%.

Honestly I did the MTF test about a month ago but the source images were all messed up due to shutter vibration effects.

What are "source images"?

Sounds like a nice lens on a troubled camera.  I start likeing leaf-shutters again.  Is anyone still using them in a interchangable lens system?  In the film days most medium format cameras had them.  As far as I am aware, right now there are only fixed lens cameras (e.g. Fuji X100(s), Ricoh GR, Coolpix A and RX-1) with leaf shutters, that I would call serious.

enjoy
Quote:Hopefully next week but I can't guarantee this by 100%.

So, no decentering this time?
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Quote:So, no decentering this time?

Seems fine this time ... no OSS pest ...

Quote:What are "source images"?

Sounds like a nice lens on a troubled camera.  I start likeing leaf-shutters again.  Is anyone still using them in a interchangable lens system?  In the film days most medium format cameras had them.  As far as I am aware, right now there are only fixed lens cameras (e.g. Fuji X100(s), Ricoh GR, Coolpix A and RX-1) with leaf shutters, that I would call serious.

source images = test chart images used for the MTF analysis in Imatest.

The best shutter is, of course, no shutter at all. :-) Like in the Pana GM1 or GH3 - at least when selecting the electronic shutter.

Quote:source images = test chart images used for the MTF analysis in Imatest.

The best shutter is, of course, no shutter at all. :-) Like in the Pana GM1 or GH3 - at least when selecting the electronic shutter.

What is about the synchro compur in my 'cord? Mechanical leaf shutters are just so beautiful Wink

My x20 seems to have an electronic first with mechanical leaf second shutter. They seem to use the later for dark frame subtraction. Seems a clever system right now. I get away handholding it when I wouldn't with my aging E-P1 and it's IBS.

The GM1 also has a mech. second shutter.
enjoy
Quote:source images = test chart images used for the MTF analysis in Imatest.

So the MTF analysis needs redoing?
enjoy
Quote:So the MTF analysis needs redoing?

This is the reason for the delay, yes.
Quote:This is the reason for the delay, yes.

Sorry to learn about your wasted effort.
enjoy
Checking the first impressions of the Zeiss 35mm and the dpreview review of the 55mm, it seems Sony really learned of the mistakes they made at the NEX release. Based on these lenses, I might just switch system in a couple of years, once they A: Release an ultra-wide lens and a portrait lens and B: When the A8r or A9r is released with an electronic shutter.