Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got my LA-EA4 for the A7r
... and mounted my good ol' Sony 70-300G on it.

Quite a sight but actually not so bad. The AF is very fast in this case - the adapter transforms the A7r into a SLT with phase-detection AF.

The ergonomics remain a bit soso due to the bottom 'box' of the adapter (where the AF sensors are located).

.... a picture of a Zeiss 70-300 f/4 on an r + adapter?  now that would be nice (for some:-)....and featherweight....at the back

Very nice bit of kit!   If I remember correctly Frankenstein is also fitted with a tripod mount, he'll need it, it looks heavy!

Brightcolors's photo has disappeared?

Did you try the 16-80 lens on A7? I saw posts claiming it can cover FF in a reasonable part of the range.
Just curious, can you put add teleconverter to LA-EA4?

No, I didn't use the 16-80 on the 7r. I consider this to be rather pointless. It works fine on the NEX7 though :-)

I don't see a reason why a teleconverter shouldn't work. As mentioned it has the same capabilities as a SLT camera.

Regarding the 16-80: the post I saw claimed it covers FF starting from 24mm; if that's true, it's not pointless at all. It was not interesting previously, since FF A-mount cameras automatically crop with APS-C lens; now A7 opens this possibility. Would you mind a little test?
Quote:Regarding the 16-80: the post I saw claimed it covers FF starting from 24mm....Would you mind a little test?
....i'm thinking that maybe it's not the lens so much, rather it's the adapter....could be embarrassing everyone seeing you have frankenstein in your deep pocket when you drag him/her out for that perfect instant shot....

....but i have to say i've noticed more nex type things out and about recently....they seem come in particular with attached German tourists....hmmm....;-)

If it's not embarrassing when anybody sees you mounting 70-300 on it, same goes for 16-80 Smile. Though Klaus anyway does it at home behind closed doors.
Quote:If it's not embarrassing when anybody sees you mounting 70-300 on it, same goes for 16-80 Smile. Though Klaus anyway does it at home behind closed doors.
….hmmm, it may be not obvious here i suppose but i am actually trying to stop posting stuff, however in this case i can’t avoid saying….

1.  the 7r is made by sony to apparently be a small light mirrorless thingy that one might, or might not, buy for easy compact photography, yes for street photography too….that is before said creative street photographer is beaten up by natives who hate him/her showing the beauty of the species….but never mind that, this is central coast oz after all….

2.  the lenses of which you speak are large and heavy + need (so far on this little system) a lumpy adapter, all of which: (1) look(imho) foolish, (2) don’t fit in your pocket no matter how deep it is, and (3) catch on every little thing as you try to quickly drag the monster out of your shoulder bag….

….so sony in their infinate wisdom no doubt, built this little full frame thingy to be used with small, light, high quality, full frame lenses(undoubtably why they also selected zeiss as a lens maker)….so why put a large heavy lens up front….you might as well buy a slightly larger camera with a real viewfinder on which everything fits in proportion….unless….said sony actually is going to great lengths to not compete with an important company that buys sony sensors….but i could be wrong about all the above….except the bit at the end of para 2 above that is….