Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikkor-S•C 55mm f1.2 versus Canon FL 55mm f1.2
Quote:Interesting test. I went for the FD 50mm f/1.2 (non-L version) and put an Ed Mika mount conversion on it. That too has the mirror meets lens problem close to infinity on a FF body. Unfortunately that lens isn't at all sharp wide open (kinda like the f/1.0), although I can pretend that is part of the attraction.
Yes, finally I went for an Ed Mika mount for this lens too. I also saw a nice FD 50mm f1.2 L for sale in my country, but to convert it would be difficult (I don't think Ed Mika has one for that lens yet?) and images I have seen taken with this 55mm had a charm, so that is why I decided to try thatone. 

Quote:On the f/1.0, I'm kinda kicking myself for passing on one years ago. It was early on in my photography hobby and I had not long switched from

Sony to Canon. With hindsight, the price was a bargain at just over £1k. Even if I just bought it to sell it I'd be laughing now.
Wow, that was an amazing find... bad decision to not pick it up right away for sure! 

Quote:Out of interest, was a more modern f/1.4 a consideration? I know there's the fractional stop difference, but opens up a lot more possibilities.
Well, I kind of like the 55mm length, so I first wanted to try those. A Canon EF 50mm f1.4 is always a cheap option, but first I'll see how I will like these 55mm f1.2's. The price reduced Sigma is not too bad either, nor is the Voigtlander 58mm f1.4. I wonder why they do not have that lens in EF mount?

Messages In This Thread
Nikkor-S•C 55mm f1.2 versus Canon FL 55mm f1.2 - by Brightcolours - 12-12-2013, 06:05 PM