Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so the A7r arrived in the lab
Well, the control layout is really nice - thus with a front and back dial rather than the two identical dials on the rear of the NEX 7.

The quality is there. It is just "boxy".

I hope it's not "decentered" in any way. It's become somewhat of a jinx these day. Smile

....and we've just had a beautiful weekend down here....

....perfect for a most proficient and artistic techno photographer to venture forth to capture extremely attractive landscapes with his new toy + its heavy front end for us all to want to admire and swoon over....

....or maybe for some to question that out of said toy, the pictures just could be a tad toooo sharp, and are those important corners really like that, and wonder if said camera-maker had the grey scale right....or not.... :-)

....pictures?

How did you know that I enjoyed a hike in the blue mountains ?  Smile

However, we got almost grilled at these temperatures.  :blink:

Quote:How did you know that I enjoyed a hike in the blue mountains ?  Smile

However, we got almost grilled at these temperatures.  :blink:

....yes the beaches were crowded, but not to worry summer's coming, there'll be plenty of time to singe the flesh yet....

....and depending on your locations up in the mountains(hills?), maybe there could have been some quite pretty new growth to photograph from the reticently burnt out bush locally....but whatever, looking forward to seeing the shots   
Quote:I thought you had an e-m5; the two are really quite similar; the m1 is a bit better i guess but it is very incremental. The 12-40 looks interesting but i think I read at least one report of a centering issue.

I heard that in fact the E-M5 has better noise contral at low ISOs than the E-M1.
Quote:I thought you had an e-m5; the two are really quite similar; the m1 is a bit better i guess but it is very incremental. The 12-40 looks interesting but i think I read at least one report of a centering issue.

I have a GH3 (which is also similar).
<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">....aha, wasn’t me hijacking the thread this time, so there - besides, bet them other toys don’t offer the creative extremes of the newie….see my last para’s revelations #23 :-)

Will you test some Voigtländer/Zeiss/Leica lenses with it?

With the A7r ? I will only test full format Sony E-mount lenses with it.