Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a phone call from Fuji regarding my defective XF 55-200mm
<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….as u2 said, when allowing for the markups in retail (importer/retail sales etc) and for the cost of having to return the lens to the factory if no local repairs are done, possibly the original price the manufacturer receives for a lens is quite low, and I’ve often wondered how do they produce a quality product for such a low price….so a replacement lens could be the best option for the manufacturer and for the purchaser (as a specific manufacturing process might have overcome some original problems and faults)

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….so maybe be thankful that Fuji has offered to provide a new lens, while not admitting openly that they had a build problem with the lens….hopefully this is something they do for every purchaser of their gear and not just as a result of, ahem, noise….and indeed this option is not dissimilar to a certain US shop offer of replacement of a bad lens….which just might result in receiving another bad lens (from the same batch?) as a replacement ;-)

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….anyhow maybe Fuji is trying to do the right thing while quietly improving their quality control….so, thank you Fuji….until they prove me wrong….

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….my own approach to purchases is that if the retailer/manufacturer is totally unsympathetic, either in just one deal or two, I simply don’t deal with them again no matter what wonderful gear they have to sell….I have saved a lot of money and said retailer/manufacturer lost a lot of sales as a result….and at last I have gear that works from a company that works….

Messages In This Thread
Got a phone call from Fuji regarding my defective XF 55-200mm - by soLong - 12-03-2013, 06:13 PM