Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP VC USD macro (full format review)
Quote:Below Lenstip's "decency level", that is. I don't know how that translates in real life. Smile

On topic: the Tamron 90 looks sweet for sure, though recently I've dug up some photos made with my 70-200/2.8 IS and a closeup lens I tried in a shop... for a non-dedicated macro shooter like me that might do the trick, since the range, aperture and IS are already there.
The lens will do fine wide open. 

My old version Tamron 90mm macro has quite smooth bokeh, although of an odd "smeary" kind. The new one seems to not have the smoothest of background bokehs, but for the rest it does look nice (as do the other twin its class).

I often shoot close ups with my 70-200mm f4 L USM and these Canon tele's do a very good job. Try adding a 12mm or 25mm ext. tube for closer focussing, it will work well.
Yeah, that might be a good option, especially since closeup lenses are limited to a lens of particular filter size (77mm in this case), and they say these things only work on tele lenses. Dang, I need to get out more! My arse surely got moldy sitting in the office all the time, and I hope my lenses haven't caught fungus yet. Smile