Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does the verdict praise the L lens and condem the EF-S lens?
Quote:ah - outch, if mixed up the tests.

Yes apples and pears! got it!

But I am more than happy about this answer, now I am sure what to do!

And for sure I know the new lenses will make much more sense on a full format body - that´s what I save up for.

But even on my eos 7 they will be pretty fine - replacing those looser-lens (where I disagree).

:-)

I can get a couple of lens and a body from someone who sells everything for a quite nice price. What I don´t need will be sold at eBay - but no budget for a new Sigma.

Thanks for helping!!

Regards,

Martin

I am not sure what you are talking about here. (You could talk German if that helps)

Do you mean you have an old EOS 7 Film camera?  The EF-S lenses will not fit on the old film cameras, they fit only the newer crop body digital cameras (Not sure from which model on, but EOS 30D, 350D, and higher should work I think).

Also, the 17-40 L lens is the oldest lens, older than the EF-S lenses that came afterwards. It was the first to give a normal range zoom on crop bodies. But for modern digital bodies, most of the time, i.e. if you don't have a FF body, and don't plan an immediate upgrade, you are better of with any of these lenses: EF-S 18-55 IS (STM), EF-S 15-85 IS (which is the newer version of the 17-85 lens, and quite a bit of improvement), or the EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS.

Messages In This Thread
Why does the verdict praise the L lens and condem the EF-S lens? - by martin_aus_duesseldorf - 11-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Why does the verdict praise the L lens and condem the EF-S lens? - by martin_aus_duesseldorf - 11-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Why does the verdict praise the L lens and condem the EF-S lens? - by martin_aus_duesseldorf - 11-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Why does the verdict praise the L lens and condem the EF-S lens? - by Guest - 11-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Why does the verdict praise the L lens and condem the EF-S lens? - by martin_aus_duesseldorf - 11-14-2013, 04:06 PM