Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 35mm f/1.4 HSM DG | A on APS-C
So there's this slight mid-field weakness again it seems:

http://www.opticallimits.com/canon-eos/8...f14eosapsc

Still a nice lens.

Like you concluded, there's a 30/1.4 for APS-C

There's no point for using an APS-C camera behind this FF lens. Do you know a lot of fast FF lenses, especially in wide angle, without showing the weak corners? At how much money?

I'd say, with live view and bringing the sharpness at the right place, also an APS-C cam will benefit of the performance, but live view is less convenient.

That said, the 35/1.4 is better for someone who is using different formats. Though there are anecdotal reports of the 30/1.4 A being pretty much workable on FF (though, of course, nobody would expect good results in sharpness/vignetting department). Heck... I may even have a request in this regard: when the 30/1.4 A comes your way, try to test it on FF as well (if only to assess the vignetting, I have no right to demand a full review).

The 30/1.4 A is currently being tested by Markus in Nikon mount.

Hope he takes notice. Over at FredMiranda forum, there has been quite a bit of discussion on various "hacks" and the 30/1.4 A was probably the closest to yielding meaningful results not only on APS-H, but even on FF (apart from the Sigma 18-35/1.8 at 35).