Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seems as if Sony will no longer use the NEX brand name
according to a statement from a Sony rep.

Which may explain the naming confusion introduced with the A7®. Sounds like a bad idea to me though. One brand name but two different mounts ?

A mount will be only supported by Adapter. Maybe there will be one more A

-Mount camera but then E-Mount will get over like Olympus. Hopefully the will produce sensors with film like properties so the ray angle can be much more steep.
Quote:A mount will be only supported by Adapter. Maybe there will be one more A

-Mount camera but then E-Mount will get over like Olympus. Hopefully the will produce sensors with film like properties so the ray angle can be much more steep.

Not true of course, according to all rumors and official statements
Quote:according to a statement from a Sony rep.

Which may explain the naming confusion introduced with the A7®. Sounds like a bad idea to me though. One brand name but two different mounts ?

They want to consolidate "Alpha" brand. 

So they are using "Alpha A-mount" and "Alpha E-mount" terminology
Quote:Not true of course, according to all rumors and official statements

The rumors says that there will be a new A-Mount camera in spring. And so far I don't see so many new A-Mount lenses. And supported means that there will be adapters. Actually I see this as a good support if they bring a E-Mount camera with IBIS.

We will see.
Quote:The rumors says that there will be a new A-Mount camera in spring. 

And there are zero rumors about no more A-mount cameras coming after Spring.  Sony has officially said they release A-mount cameras. 

This year 18-55 kit was revised (a new version was released) 

Zeiss 50mm F1.4 was released 

70-400 and 70-200 Mark II were released 

All Amount
It didn't even take 5 hours before my last post, and already there are more than just one A-mount cameras coming:

Sony says: Two A-mount cameras to come. One with 4K and one Full Frame for sports photography"

“On the press meeting Yoshiyuki Nogama told us that a video-targeted system camera with A-mount is on the way/being developed. It shall compete with Canon EOS 5D Mk III and will have Ultra HD video (4K). We guess that this is a continuation of Sony a99. The Sony director also told us that further ahead Sony will launch a really fast full frame camera for action photography,”

As I said the reports of A-mount "death" are greatly exaggerated Smile
Quote:And there are zero rumors about no more A-mount cameras coming after Spring. Sony has officially said they release A-mount cameras.

This year 18-55 kit was revised (a new version was released)

Zeiss 50mm F1.4 was released

70-400 and 70-200 Mark II were released

All Amount

You can use them on a E-Mount camera too. A-Mount as Kamera mount will vanisching but they will support the lenses for a long time.
Quote:. A-Mount as Kamera mount will vanisching 

Only if they build a true hybrid mount that doesn't need adapters. Maybe that is possible, but until then, A-mount will stay around
Quote:Only if they build a true hybrid mount that doesn't need adapters. Maybe that is possible, but until then, A-mount will stay around

You really have a strong believe in Sony. ;-) I think they will go the Olympus way. It is a economic decision.