Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a bokeh factory possible
Quote:Let's add another: how many people will just relegate driving a car to the fact of moving fast from one place to another? How many potential driver champions will be lost, because they aren't aroused by a father whose driving style is more sport-oriented?
Well, the possible lack of next generation race drivers is probably not the issue with the highest priority here Wink

However, it's surprising to see or experience how much car technology has made progress in the last decades. I happen to have a fairly old summer car (a classic Rover Mini) which has no driving aids at all (not even a brake servo unit). I attended a safe driving training with it, and it was eye-opening to see how many possible threats you don't even have to worry about in a modern car anymore... like breaking heavily on slippery underground under just one side of the car. Modern cars just break, while I started spinning in my tiny car like a carousel almost immediately, without any chance to react or avoid it.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Well, the possible lack of next generation race drivers is probably not the issue with the highest priority here Wink

It was clearly an analogy.

Quote:it was eye-opening to see how many possible threats you don't even have to worry about in a modern car anymore ...

True. The world is made of trade-off. I suppose that dealing with chemicals for developing film was not completely free from risks.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Oh, absolutely. And it was not meant as "everything was better in the past". But at least in some cases, we either don't make best use of technology available today (smartphones, as pointed out by JoJu) or no longer need to have skills that were helpful if not necessary to have in the past... and still could be helpful today (driving).

Anyway, we're definitely way off-topic by now Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com