Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New E-mount FF lenses
Quote:This image with the 55f1.8 seems to have no LoCA; do you think it was removed in PP or the lens is APO ?

http://www.sony.jp/ichigan/pre_include/i...a7R_03.jpg

I can spot a greenish tint.
Yea but very minor; guess this means it was removed in PP. Still seems like a decent lens if CA is low.

Quote:I can spot a greenish tint.
Quote:70-200/4G:

Filter diameter: 72mm

dimensions 80 × 175mm

weight: 840g 

min focus: 1-1.5m

9 aperture blades (circular)

1700$
That is bigger and heavier than a Canon 70-200mm f4 L IS USM... And does not focus as close as either the Canons or the Nikon. Also the price is a bit steep (again). Not too impressed... Also, why is it white? 
Quote:Yea but very minor; guess this means it was removed in PP. Still seems like a decent lens if CA is low.
Very minor, for a 50/55mm f1.8 lens? Really? I find that LoCA actually not minor at all.. For a 135mm f2 it would indeed be minor.

Heavy green LoCA artefacts on the medallion and the neck line of the dress, and under the feather of the necklace. Distinct magenta on the dress at the bottom, where the dress meets the hand. 

And btw, that image was shot at f2.

I must say I'm somewhat disappointed that Sony didn't release a detailed lens roadmap. The camera is interesting (I for one really like the design with all its edges), but imho none of the announced lenses is... This makes it hard to justifiy a 2000€ investment into the system. Even more so since this is a Sony system and Sony released like 3 NEX lenses (of which 2.5 sucked) in the first 2 years after the introduction of the NEX...  :wacko:

According to official Sony "intro" only 7r has leica like microlenses, but not 7 -- not sure how accurate that is. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfSrsqn3ESc

I have to correct my previous post. There is a lens roadmap by Sony. Sort of... 

[Image: roadmap_img_03.jpg]

Actually, I had something a little more informative in mind when I thought of the term "lens roadmap"  Big Grin  Still, this should be enough to keep me out of the system until 2015 - the Zeiss lenses will probably overpriced and I don't need a macro lens  Wink

Quote:I have to correct my previous post. There is a lens roadmap by Sony. Sort of... 

[Image: roadmap_img_03.jpg]

Actually, I had something a little more informative in mind when I thought of the term "lens roadmap"  Big Grin  Still, this should be enough to keep me out of the system until 2015 - the Zeiss lenses will probably overpriced and I don't need a macro lens  Wink

Google Translate:

Zeiss Ultra Wide Angle F4 Zoom

Zeiss Large Mouth Single Focus (Large Aperture Single Focal Length?)

G Macro Lens
Quote:If so there would be an obvious mismatch between the camera and the lens - and yes, this thing looks big.

Honestly I'm not sure whether a general purpose full format mirrorless camera makes sense.

Can you imagine a 500mm lens & this camera ?

For street photography, landscape and portraits - yes, just like Leica M. But for sports and wildlife (assuming that the AF was good enough) ?
There is no ideal "one size fits all" for cam bodies/lenses. The ideal body/lens combo depends pretty much on the stuff one is going to shoot.
Quote:Google Translate:

Zeiss Ultra Wide Angle F4 Zoom

Zeiss Large Mouth Single Focus (Large Aperture Single Focal Length?)

G Macro Lens
I bet the second one is a 85. It's unlikely they're going to release both an UWA zoom and something like a fast 24 at once. Would be pretty fun to guess what the other lenses might be. Likely a fast 35, a fast(ish) wide, a long (70-300ish) tele, a superzoom... heck, maybe a fisheye is in the cards. Smile

Oh, and 1700 for the 70-200/4... that kinda bites.