Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-3 coming next week it seems
Given their expertise in small DSLRs, a Pentax mirrorless (APS-C) camera would have been a killer ... two-three years ago.

The Q with a 43 sensor could have been something.

I doubt that they have the potential to progress anymore. Really a pitty.

Samsung should have taken over Pentax, not Ricoh.

Quote:If it has not more bells or better whistles...

They have that in-body-shake reduction thing. It was easy for me, because I didn't know better, to make that system responsible for continous AF malfunction. In the old K-m (and K-x?) were no focus points at all shown in the finder. Pentax is not cheaper than Canikon, but customers will buy into an APS-C system only. They once had an excellent pro feature film camera, LX, but somehow they never developed enough power to penetrate the market with it. That would happen with a full frame Pentax DSLR, too.

Quote:If it has not more bells or better whistles...
    24 Mps, 27 AF points, 60Fps, 8.5 Ips max, headphone jack, AA less, etc.  what do you want ,the London Symphony orchestra ?

Nothing of that is a unique feature what only Pentax can deliver. Also, the London symphony has not much bells and whistles, literally. Violins and violas make the most noise... Jut kiddin'.

Does it have a touchscreen, does it allow sound recording without lens noises, how about WLAN, interchangeable sensor, interchangeable finder, swivel screen, adapter plate for quick release in it's bottom plate, IR focussing help?

I'm sorry to find that feature list only average and far from outstanding.
Quote:Given their expertise in small DSLRs, a Pentax mirrorless (APS-C) camera would have been a killer ... two-three years ago.

The Q with a 43 sensor could have been something.

I doubt that they have the potential to progress anymore. Really a pitty.

Samsung should have taken over Pentax, not Ricoh.
It's not too late, Samsung can take over Ricoh, but I don't think they need it right now.

K-3 appeared on US RICOH site:

http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/dslr/K-3...highlights

Comes with selectable AA-Filter (on/off)

Sounds like a software AA-filter then.

Quote:Sounds like a software AA-filter then.

Implemented using high frequency SR, hence some limitations will remain.
imaging-resource.com has a detailed analysis of the new controllable AA filter of the K3. See the bottom half of this page:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pe...ax-k3A.HTM