Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is A Photography Tour Possible To Pakistan
 Pakistan, the land of K2 and Nanga Parbat, is an amazing country and definately photographers paradise. But it is a general perception that Pakistan is not safe for photography travel. This perception is not true as most arease are in perfect peace and only few hot spots are present where free movement is not possible. Hrer are some examples of beauty of the country. For more details and overview of beauty ..

http://www.razaqvance.com/

Sorry...

Quote:Sorry...
Dear all,

The Northern Areas are one of the most beautiful places in this world, especially if you like contrasts of high mountains, deserts, rivers, meadows, forests, ...... Just amazing!

I have been there twice, once by truck, starting in Austria, for a first ascent of a mountain close to China..., and the second time we did a complete circuit around Nanga Parbat.

Since the 1960ies my friends have a long history of going there, their last visit was this summer.

This terror attack on the Diamir base camp of Nanga Parbat was a very sad experience...one of our friends was there, and his was lucky, since they were up on high camps. 

Basically the areas north of Gilgit are relatively safe, and I support the position of razaqvance that many places are much safer than the impression you get through the media. Anyway, one has to be more careful than before, because of the Taliban terrorism.

In case anybody needs a contact adress for a reliable agency in Hunza area, please contact me.

All the best.

Andreas