Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEX-3N
I sold my Pana LX5 a while ago and was looking for a good compact to replace it. In fact, I was looking forward to buy the Pana LX7. However, I just realized that the NEX-3N with 16-50mm lens is cheaper than the LX7 over here. OK, the Sony combo would be slightly bigger and overall about 70 grams heavier, and the lens is of mediocre quality - but still, I think I just found my new "compact"! 

I thought you were a MFT guy, no ?

If so there's the Pana 14-42 PZ which is just as small as the Sony lens and somewhat better.

Actually I like the image quality of the Sony 16-50. Except for the borders at the wide end of course.

It has a pretty pronounced "3d effect" by the way.

Build quality is a different story. Anybody still thinks it has metal mount? Unfortunately it has plastic mount stupidly covered with thin layer of nickel or alike. Mine already started to peel off.

Still, if you don't change lenses too often, it's not a problem. And this lens is smaller than Sigma 30/2.8.

Quote:I thought you were a MFT guy, no ?

If so there's the Pana 14-42 PZ which is just as small as the Sony lens and somewhat better.
For the time being MFT is my main system but I was looking for something smaller for situations when even the MFT stuff seems too big and heavy. In fact, I picked up a 3N this morning with 16-50 kit lens and a Sony 16 GB UHS-I card for 349 Euros, the battery is charging right now. The cam looks and feels actually very nice and solid, let´s see how it works out.