Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS 400D LCD problem
Hello Fellow Photozoners,

It has been quite a while since I visited Photozone. Because of the health problems(again) I wasn't able to stop by lately unfortunately. So, while I can I hope to visit more often again.

And may I start with a problem so soon already? I just bought a Canon 400D with a broken screen. So, I bought a new LCD screen on Ebay and installed it, but the colours are horrible. Black is blue and the images are just vague and when you tilt the camera a so slightly it gets even worse.

It is a Sony LCD. So, I wonder if the LCD is faulty or could there be something else like difference in quality?

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Reinier

Quote:Hello Fellow Photozoners,

It has been quite a while since I visited Photozone. Because of the health problems(again) I wasn't able to stop by lately unfortunately. So, while I can I hope to visit more often again.

And may I start with a problem so soon already? I just bought a Canon 400D with a broken screen. So, I bought a new LCD screen on Ebay and installed it, but the colours are horrible. Black is blue and the images are just vague and when you tilt the camera a so slightly it gets even worse.

It is a Sony LCD. So, I wonder if the LCD is faulty or could there be something else like difference in quality?

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Reinier

Was it the same model?  Any protective screen/cover left that should have been removed?
Hi Photonius,

It is the same screen, although that's what it said on Ebay. It looks the same and has the right connector.

I have found a protective cover, so I haven't removed anything, I think.

Kind regards,

Reinier
Quote:Hi Photonius,

It is the same screen, although that's what it said on Ebay. It looks the same and has the right connector.

I have found a protective cover, so I haven't removed anything, I think.

Kind regards,

Reinier
well, my point was, sometimes there are protective covers that need to be removed before use. but sounds you might have to get more information about the item from the ebay seller, although that could be a long shot.
The protective covers are removed. Maybe there is something with the back light?

Hi Reiner,

It could be many resons for this problem. I'll start with the most commond problems first.

I.Electrical

1. bad conection between flex PCB to mainboard

2. bad conection flex PCB to LCD

3. broken flex PCB traces - it is common problem in some lenses but probably not your problem, but it worts to check it.

4. LCD module itself - e.g. backlight or interconection between lcd

5. broken mainboard from previous LCD

II.optical

as already mentioned by photonus

For electrical test you need at least on mulitimetter and it would be nice to have ociloscope. ectra care must be taken for ESD.
Hello Miro,

Thanks for your help.

The back light is still intact, but I have no equipment to test cables or the mainboard. Maybe it is just a bad LCD screen, it works, but if you till the camera just a little the LCD become 'vague'.

Kind regards,

Reinier