Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G
"Quite noice" as we would say here in Straya (Australia):

http://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaff...ony1224f4g

Thanks for that test. Looks pretty good. Hope Nikon is looking. And listening. And learning.

Anyway. Do you have any stopped down shots into the sun (preferably low in the sky)?
I've taken the "sun" image with a smaller aperture as well (same scene) but the difference is negligible.

Look like a great lens, much nicer than the Sigma (I know that one is a DSLR lens but still...) I was afraid it would have featured extreme (m4/3 like) distortion and relied on auto-correction fully but 3.8% isn't too extreme. There have been 24-xxx lenses with worse barreling... Smile

My Canon 1D obsession aside, if I had been starting now I would've probably gone down the Sony FE lane. There's so many great (or at least interesting) lenses now and more are cropping up every month. Case in point: a new Samyang 35mm...
Quote:I've taken the "sun" image with a smaller aperture as well (same scene) but the difference is negligible.

Ok. I gather flare is well controlled then. Thanks! This might cost me money!
You will always be able to produce flare if you want to. No lens is perfect. But from what I can tell, the Sony lens is better than average in this respect.