Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share your silly/unusual/interesting combinations/projects/solutions
That machined distance ring is pretty impressive... And the whole setup quite ingenious! Nice!

Thank you Smile

The bayonet was from a Pentax lens with fungus in it (after learning this could affect other lenses I disposed that occasional bought lens, but the bayonet was a nice part to keep). And the QR I mounted in the wrong way, 90 degrees turned it would have been easier to focus than moving the heavy carousel projector back and forward.

It should be a carousel type because of the loading mechanism. It's really helpful that the slides are always placed at exactly the same distance to the camera. I think I needed about 3 minutes per carousel magazine filling. And much more to unload and reload it again.
About my 140mm f1.8 lens, here a crop from an image to show its considerable (lateral) CA.

Red it projected the largest, green a tad smaller, and blue clearly gets projected quite a bit smaller.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

***Edit: Hmmm, I guess the uploading process cripples the animated gif?

Started to use some old lenses I have. Here is an unusual sight, a Nikkor on a Canon EOS.

A Nikkor-H Auto 85mm f1.8 (pre-Ai) on an EOS 450D, in fact. It is mounted with a cheap Nikon F-mount to EOS mount ring with simple focus confirmation chip.

Self portrait of the lens:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

It actually is quite a lovely lens... Here are some images I took with it:

[Image: gallery_10230_25_81454.jpg]

[Image: gallery_10230_63_76363.jpg]

[Image: gallery_10230_63_153130.jpg]

[Image: gallery_10230_17_23992.jpg]

[Image: gallery_10230_17_49011.jpg]

A more curious adapter I made this weekend:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

It is an adapter for 135 format slide projector lenses.

I took the lens mount from a broken Nikon 35-105mm. I glued together some PVC tubing and lined it with a smooth strip of thin black plastic to get the fit just right. A screw acts as guidance for the focus coils. With some black pray paint it even looks quite nifty, I think  :lol:

The lens mounted is a Voigtlander Lattar 85mm f2.5. Some of the slide projector lenses can't focus to infinity and others can (this Voigtlander can't), due to how much they would protrude into the camera. The Nikon F-mount is narrow enough to prevent me from turning the lens too deep into the camera's mirror box and damage things.

A simple Nikon F-mount to EOS adapter is used to mount it on my Canon EOS DSLR.

One of my more interesting projects. I made an adapter from a spare M39 "plate" from a durst enlarger and a body cap from a Canon EOS camera. From a dead old Sigma lens I salvaged the contacts and the electronics board. I soldered the board to the contacts, and mounted them with glue, packed in bubble wrap and antistatic foil, to the front of the adapter assembly. 

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

What do I use it for?

I have this very high quality industrial lens, an Ultra-Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2. It has an M39 mount, and an unusual mounting distance of about 40mm. It is fixed focus to 1:4 magnification, when mounted at the correct distance. With my adapter I get about 1:2.5 I believe.

What do the electronics do? It makes the camera see a lens, so it provides focus confirmation. And because it makes the camera see an autofocus lens (that Sigma...) it enables focus trap.

When I push down the shutter button all the way, the moment something comes into focus the camera will make a photo. Works well till f5.6 (lens goes upto f8).

Examples taken with this lens + adapter combination:

[Image: gallery_10230_17_89442.jpg]

Adult firebugs doing adult things.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_192119.jpg]And the babies that come from adult stuff.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_156398.jpg]

Ladybug on bluebells, focus trapped with a top left side focus point. Two images stitched.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_41782.jpg]Grasshopper.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_57825.jpg]

Spring anemones.