Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share your silly/unusual/interesting combinations/projects/solutions
This project was my start with DSLR about 4 or 5 years ago. I wanted to put my old slides into the computer to get a bit an overview of all the mostly horrible and few nice photos over some decades. For that reason, my expectations to quality were not high. And for the better pictures I would just afford some decent scans which is pretty much never happening. 

The scan process was very slow. After a friend borrowed me a Fuji DSLR to reproduce MF slides I thought "why not use that old Carousel projector, with a much less powerful lamp behind a diffusor and a lens from the enlarger, mounted on a selfmade distance ring and then 80 times transport-click, transport-click...?" After all, the Pentax had IR remote control.

The whole process was even longer than the last sentence. And getting some 10000 slides into a harddisk is also not the most exciting thing, but still was a bit quicker than scanning. I learnt a thing or two about working with passed projects/times, facing old memories, "wasting" life-time for old pictures while there's so much more interesting to photograph these days.

Well, the benefit was content for some birthday albums or invitation cards of old friends.

[Image: K-mera%20scannt%20Dias%204-M.jpg]

[Image: K-mera%20scannt%20Dias%203-M.jpg]

[Image: K-mera%20scannt%20Dias%201-M.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Share your silly/unusual/interesting combinations/projects/solutions - by JJ_SO - 05-23-2013, 08:46 PM