Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sachtler FSB-6 or Ace L (new one with the carbon sticks) - both 13LB max weight???
Which one would you get? Sachtler FSB-6 or Ace L (new one with the carbon sticks) - both 13LB max weight???

They have the same max weigh limit. Ace is slightly lighter which I

prefer because I work with my wife. I don't mind that it is plastic. The

Ace is around $800-$950. The FSB is slighly more expensive. I would use

it with a Nikon D4 + 70-200 2.8 VR + audio.

Which one should I get? It seems to me that the ACE is the same for less.... What do you think?

I think you'll need to give folks a lot more information about your criteria to get much help.  I took a glance at these, and to me they both looked overpriced, with low max weight limits.  Many similar products at 1/4 the price seem to get superior reviews.  It isn't clear to me why you narrowed down to these two--but I do stills, not video, and don't know what your gear weighs, where you plan to take it, what you're filming, etc... 

Also, there are multiple tripods listed under each set of numbers--it might help If you were more specific about which leg/head combinations you're considering.  The prices aren't a reliable guide to distinguishing models, as they vary considerably depending on location and dealer.